First person shooter games, also known has FPS have been growing in popularity these past years. With more and more FPS games getting added to the E-sports scene I don’t see this genre dying anytime soon.
When you think about FPS video game, you think about teamwork, map awareness, quick reflexes, good accuracy. Having good gear is important, don’t get me wrong skills & game knowledge is the most important, but having a good gaming mouse will give you a small boost.
Why might you wonder? There are multiple reasons such as:
- Sensor: This is pretty important when playing FPS, I recommend an Optical over Laser sensor, the optical will be more precise and accurate. I am not saying laser sensor aren’t good, but for FPS games, laser sensor is not modifiable. Therefore you can’t remove the prediction or “angle snapping” which could be a disadvantage.
- Weight/Comfort: Another important point, quick movement, and reflexes are a must in FPS, weight will play a role in that, not a big one but it does. For me I’d rather have a lighter mouse than a heavy one, it all depends on your taste. Comfort is crucial, let’s be honest when you sit down to “game” you play several hours, so having a comfortable mouse will save you from the pain.
- Grip: I am no expert in “grips, ” but I read that some Counter-Strike pros use the claw grip. Personally, since I am not a pro gamer, I just go with my preferred grip, but I know some grips are ideal for curtains types of games.
- DPI: Mouses with a lot of different DPI settings will offer you more diversity. The higher the DPI, the higher the mouse sensitivity increases, very few people are able to play at high DPI settings. To give you a quick example moving your mouse a couple of inches will make you do a 360. On the other hand, if you lower your DPI settings the sensitivity will lower. Personally, I use 1800 DPI, for me, it gives me more accuracy. In the end, it all depends on your personal taste.
- Buttons: FPS games don’t require a lot of different buttons, sure having different macros for quick access is useful, but not necessary. I’d recommend having around eight fully programmable buttons is perfect, you can key binds grenades or maybe weapon switching.
There is a lot more points to look over when finding the perfect fps gaming mouse, but for me, those five points are the most important ones.
In our list we carefully handpicked mouse who have “FPS” features, we picked the mouse based on the five points above.
Editor’s Pick: We went big on this choice, our winner is the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Professional. We know the G900 is pretty expensive, but it offers so much. It can go up to 12,000 DPI, you can even put it in wireless mode, with an amazing 30 hours battery life.
Best FPS gaming mouse 2017
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Professional Grade
|Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Professional Grade Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse, Ambidextrous Mouse||Check Price|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the 2018-06-20 at 23:48 and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.We are starting this list strong with the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum. At first sight, this mouse looks very expensive, but for the price, I can assure you it’s pretty awesome.
A good FPS feature is the on-the-fly DPI switching, this feature is perfect for FPS, whether you need quick reaction time or slow and precise accuracy you will be able to switch with the DPI buttons.
This mouse has 11 programmable buttons, as mention above, you don’t really need a lot of buttons for FPS games, it’s a small bonus if you play different types of game. Optical gaming sensor for better precision widely accepted by pro gamers as the best gaming mouse sensor.
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming MouseThe second Logitech mouse on our list. Like the Logitech G900, the G502 has an on-the-fly DPI adjustment that goes up to 12,000 DPI, which is perfect for FPS games. It’s pretty good depending on your situation, if you’re a sniper, it can be good to lower the DPI to get better precision.
Like our previous pick, this one has 11 fully programmable buttons. Depending on the FPS game you’re playing, you might require quick access to a button, so remapping them can give you a small advantage.
A good feature I like is the optical sensor you can tune to your preference to work better on specific surfaces, including your gaming mouse pad of choice.
Zowie Gear Benq Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse
|BenQ ZOWIE FK2 E-Sports Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse||Check Price|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the 2018-06-21 at 00:38 and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.Finally not a Logitech mouse! The Zowie gear Benq is a simple yet effective mouse. I call it simple because it has four different DPI settings and it goes us to 3200, unlike our other picks who goes up to 12,000 DPI.
This does not mean it’s less good, in fact having lower DPI will increase your accuracy.
Unfortunately this mouse only has 6 buttons and they are not programmable, you can bound them when you’re in game though. This mouse is great for right handed users as well as left handed users, which I find very cool, there is not a lot of options for left handed people.
Razer DeathAdder Chroma – Multi-Color Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
|Razer DeathAdder Chroma - Multi-Color Ergonomic Gaming Mouse - 10,000 DPI Sensor - Comfortable Grip...||Check Price|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the 2018-06-21 at 00:49 and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.We have already featured this mouse in another of our mouse article, but we could not pass this one because it’s a great gaming mouse. I’ve had this mouse for over a year now, what I prefer is the multiple customizable options it offers.
You can adjust the DPI to your liking, but you can’t change it on the fly, you need to go into Razer Synapse to modify it, which is not great if you need quick access to lower or increase your DPI. You can set it from 100 to 10,000, depending on your taste.
The buttons are fully programmable using the Razer software, unfortunately there is only 5 buttons which is still pretty good for FPS games, this mice might not be for you if you’re a heavy macro user.
Corsair Raptor M45-5000 DPI Optical Sensor Gaming Mouse
|Corsair Raptor M45-5000 DPI Optical Sensor Gaming Mouse (Raptor M45)||Check Price|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the 2018-06-21 at 00:09 and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.The only Corsair mouse on our list. The Corsair Raptor M45-5000, even thought the max DPI isn’t that high, you can adjust it from 50 to 5000 to your preferred taste.
Unlike our last pick this mouse as seven programmable buttons, you modify or create macros for that small edge in an online match.
I’ve always found the weight system interesting and this mouse offers it, it’s very easy to use, you just need to put in the weight in the back of the mouse. It features three adjustable tuning zones allow you to customize the mouse weight and balance for your playing style.
First person shooters are a big part of the gaming world, and it seems the FPS community is growing like never before. That means there is a lot of mouse on the market and choosing one might get confusing.
When it comes to getting an fps gaming mouse, it depends on different factors that we saw at the beginning of the article, but in the end, you are the one who decides which one can fulfill your needs.
We hope our list of best fps gaming mouse 2017 has helped you make the right decision. If you like or think we missed one don’t hesitate to comment below.