Gaming on a keyboard and mouse doesn’t quite cut it; controllers give you some of the best flexibility in playing the latest hits in the most intuitive way. But why settle for the basic Xbox 360 controller? Why not play on a cool controller with a custom skin, while you dominate your opponents? Here’s a list of the top nine coolest controllers we’ve found yet.
9. If you don’t want to stray too far from the classic black, the Nuke2065 is for you. A clean orange-and-black color scheme, the Nuke2065 is great to give you the style without the distraction. With a classic hexagonal pattern on the left and an orange trefoil on the left, this controller is perfect for hunting death claws as you navigate your way through a post-apocalyptic wasteland. $119.98
Chrome Silver by Modfreakz
8. Want a bit more flash? Then don’t settle for a flat color scheme, why not get something shiny? The Chrome Silver controller gives you a sleek reflective shell, with your choice of gold or blue accents, for that retro-sci-fi vibe dipping and weaving through your interplanetary dogfights. $24.97
7. AstromechHow much did you like the new Star Wars movie? How much did you love little round BB-9? If the answer to both those questions were “very much” then the Astromech controller is for you. A BB-9 paint job with a scuffed look, this controller will get you scavenging spare part from the deserts of Jakku, sorting the trash from the pay dirt.$119.98
6. Looking for something a bit more military? Want to show off while mowing down counterterrorists? Then you can’t go wrong with the classic camo look. I personally prefer the greyscale style of the Arctic Hybrid, it reminds me of silently crawling through the snow and quietly taking down the guards before storming the base. $119.95
5. Controller White and black are classic colors. So why not both? The Yang Yin Hybrid Controller gives a beautiful minimalist design, just black, white and the green LED ring (which will never go red on you). $109.95
4. I admit it. I enjoyed Mass Effect. Even the third one. It wasn’t as good as the others, I know, but hey, more Commander Shepard. And what other way can you get back into the captain’s chair than by piloting the SSV Normandy in a skinned N7 Carbon controller?$119.98
3. Do you remember GoldenEye 007 for the N64? It may be old, but it’s a classic just as the GoldenEye controller is beautiful. A touch of golden chrome accents, this controller will let you take down your friends while keeping you away from Oddjob.$79.98
Hydro Dipped Wood Grain by YTTL
2. Want a bit more class? The Hydro-Wood Grain controller makes you look as if you’re playing a carved wooden controller. Perfect for matching the accents on your gaming table or tower. $15.99
1. Based on the Fallout 4 vault uniforms. Those blues and yellows just put a smile on my face before going out into the desolate radioactive wasteland that once was America. But hey, you can always keep smiling with the Vault-Tec One 11 controller as you head out into the wastes.$119.98
And that’s the roundup. Do you have any custom controller? Tell us your favorite! Do not forget to leave us a comment in the section below.